Friday, March 31, 2017

march things

Trying to #flatlay like some fancy Instagrammer

So my blog and I are both going through some major transitions. I'm starting to feel out doing some other types of posts--style posts or regular favorites posts, maybe the occasional beauty post--mixed in with the crafty, diy posts that I've done during the entirety of this little tiny blog's life. I'm sure they won't be the most amazing style/favorites/beauty posts ever, but I kind of don't care? I want to try. I enjoy writing. It's fun.

In short, recently I've been...

... trying out Shea Moisture's African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo, and so far, so good. It's supposed to be designed for dry or dandruff-y scalps, which I think I'm going to have to wait and see. It's been quite the improvement over what I had been using, in terms of volume of flakage and itchiness of my scalp. Totally TMI, but it works!

...drinking too much Trader Joe's tea and coffee. It's impressive. I discovered and was very pleasantly surprised by the Organic Ginger Turmeric tea. It's slightly spicy with a lovely, subtle sweetness and absolutely calming when I struggle with sleeping.

...watching British Youtubers like Lucy Moon and Doddleoddle and remembering how it felt to romanticize England when I was younger and dreamed of living in London for a semester.

...playing with lipsticks. The Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Prague and the Burt's Bees lipsticks in Brimming Berry and Lily Lake are kind of making my beauty loving life right now. Though I'm starting to wonder if I might be allergic to something in Burt's Bees lip products? They can dry out my lips so badly.

...reading Frank McCourt and romanticizing the life of the dirt poor Irish boy living in the hovel by the lavatory. Not that I actually want that life. Nope, I'll take central heating and a indoor plumbing.

...sleeping weird hours. See above comment about tea and coffee.

...dreaming about the sun like it's my job. You can take the girl out of the Southwest, but not the Southwest out of the homesick girl.

Happy April and happy spring!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing!
    I appericate your work.
    Thanks for sharing sach a perfect post.By OnlineShoping

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...