Monday, November 2, 2015

me-made-monday: making it work skirt


I look surprisingly angry in this picture. Don't really know why. 

Once upon a time, I thought a fun thing to do would be to post an outfit with at least one me-made item every week. What with the busiest semester of my life, it hasn't worked yet, but no time like the present to start! I'm hoping to get a bit better and a bit braver about taking pictures of myself. 
At the beginning of the semester, my roommate was going through a closet purge, much to my benefit. Shirts, a skirt, an absolutely gorgeous red silk dress--her castoffs got me through student teaching. This skirt started as a lovely, but not quite me dress. I wasn't a big fan of the coral under the lace or the slightly too big fit, but I loved the pockets. So I took it apart and gathered up the skirt into a nice wide piece of black elastic--perfect teacher wear!


I wore this exact same outfit on a typical boring school day and also to parent-teacher conferences. I felt so professional and chic and teacher-y that it deserved a repeat!



1 comment:

  1. Omg can't believe you made your own skirt!
    So creative of you!
    I wish I was able to make my own skirts.
    I think adding something selfmade to your outfits makes the outfit unique!

    And btw you don't look angry on the second pic! It looks pretty!

    Sugarcandycandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...