Sunday, August 14, 2016

hello again



Hi blog.
Long time no see.

I'd kinda lost interest in blogging after my student teaching ended. That particular over share story can wait for another day, but suffice it to say, when I sat down to start a classroom blog, I was surprised to find posts ideas popping up for this on. For the first time in months, I thought about writing for the Internet again. Or rather, writing and publishing it on the Internet.

So what have I been doing?

I graduated college, with the appropriate pomp and circumstance and silly hat.

I got a job teaching first grade at the very same school where I joyfully student taught last fall.

I decided to move back to St. Louis, where I’ve been living for the past few years.

I choreographed for a few different productions, essentially staging my choreographic swan song.

I sewed a top, tried sewing a graduation dress (that I’m only just now finishing), and knitted a sweater.

I joined the smartphone generation and got an Instagram.

I got a car and named it Judy and made some new moves towards adulthood.

I decided to experiment with a capsule wardrobe for this fall to see how it works at helping me develop a work/adult wardrobe.

I’ve decided I want to come back but in a slightly different way. I do want to write and publish more. I think I like this blog during my transitions -- and I’m facing my biggest transition ever in the coming months -- so I want to come back to the creator side of the blogging community and make something, even if it’s just for me. And with that in mind, I think I’m going to write a greater variety of posts. I’m unsure what that’ll look like, but I know that a few things won’t be first and foremost in my mind, growing an audience or trying to be any one thing in particular. I’m a chispita, unique and prone to going her own way. After all, that’s what sparks do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...